- There’s lots of great information in the Band Camp Newsletter, which you can still download here, including a handy packing list.
- Remember: this year you do not need to bring sheets, blankets, pillows or towels. (You’ll have one pillow for your bed, but you can bring another if you’d like. However, please take it off your bed and stick it in your suitcase during the day, so the cleaning staff doesn’t mistake it for one of theirs and take the pillow or case.)
- Please bring medications and check them in when you arrive on Sunday. They should be in labeled bottles, and all in a ziplock bag with your name on it. We are fortunate to have two band parents who are a doctor and a nurse as chaperone, who will keep the medicines secure and dispense them at camp, as well as keep records of what was dispensed.
- Don’t forget your water bottle!
- If you haven’t turned in all your forms, you may bring them when you check in, or a parent or guardian can come with you and complete and sign them when they drop you off at school.
- Please arrive between 1:00 and 2:00 on Sunday.
We’ll post some photos along with frequent updates on the MadisonArts Facebook page during the week, so keep an eye on it to see what the band is up to!
Here are some important Mohawk Marching Band reminders about rehearsals, polo shirts, and band camp.
- Remember, we have rehearsals next week to prepare for the parade on the 4th and band camp! Rehearsals are Monday-Thursday, June 29 – July 2, from 5 to 9 pm at the High School. As always, if you can’t make it to a rehearsal, please email Mr. West ahead of time.
- We need to order more summer uniform polo shirts right away so they are here in time for the parade on Saturday, and many people haven’t turned in their marching band info and order forms yet! If you need a summer uniform shirt and did not turn in a marching band order form at the kick-off rehearsals last month, you can click here to order a shirt. The cost is $20. Of course, if you have a shirt from last year, you may continue to wear that for your summer uniform. We must have your request by noon on Monday to order you a shirt in time for Saturday’s 4th of July Parade!
- If you didn’t receive the Band Camp Newsletter in the mail last week, you can click here to download it, including the forms you will need to turn in before Band Camp. Please remember that the balance of the Band Camp fees are due at the rehearsal on Monday June 29.
Thank you everyone who attended the drumline clinic last week and made time for the audition process as well. This year, the preparation was more evident than ever with very prepared auditions from all individuals. It’s definitely going to be an exciting year for the Marching Mohawks!
Congratulations to this year’s Mohawk Drumline…
1 – Tucker Wood
2 – Trevor Payne
3 – Kayla Ligget
4 – Luke Helton
5 – Josh Retherford
Every student auditioned extremely well, making for a very difficult decision. Every student, regardless of placement, holds a very important part in the ensemble. I am particularly excited about the level of leadership in all areas of the percussion sections this year, on the field and in the front ensemble, veterans and rookies.
2015-2016 will be a very strong year with this strong group of musicians, leaders, and students!
As previously announced, the Madison Mohawk Band will travel to New York City in the spring of 2016. Check out this video to get a preview of the tentative plans for the trip.
Congratulations to the Officers for Thespian Troupe #4592:
President: Alec Jerger
Vice-President: Charley Reed
Secretary: Maddy Jeffries
Historian: Kaitlin Thompson
Clerk: Hannah Van Winkle
Publicity Chair: Hannah Helton
Webmaster: Bryce Thomas
Community Service Leader: Brooke Solomito
Photos from the band’s performance at the 2014 Buckeye Invitational are now online. These photos are all by Crockett Photography; you can order prints, downloads and merchandise from the website. (Note that this is not a fundraiser for the band.) Click here to view the photos.
If you’re already signed up for texts from the Mohawk Band via the Remind service (formerly called Remind 101), you’re all set for the coming fall marching season. But if you’re getting these messages from the Madison website, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or emails, here are two good reasons to also sign up for the Remind texts:
- day-before reminds of rehearsals and performances, and
- ETA texts when the band is returning from away games and performances
Also this year, we’re going to experiment with an extra feature: when the band departs from an away game or performance, you’ll get a text telling our estimated time of arrival at school, along with a link to an online map the will let you follow the progress of the band bus all the way back to Madison. We’ll try it out this Friday on the way back from the Talawanda game; let Mr. Brown know how it works for you!
To sign up for the Band’s Remind texts (also available via email):
- click here to fill out the sign-up form; or
- send a text to (408) 458-8033 with the message @mohawkband
Guard members & parents should also sign up for extra Reminders:
- click here to fill out the sign-up form; or
- send a text to (408) 458-8033 with the message @mohawkflag
If you have any problems signing up, please email Mr. Brown.
Thanks to everyone who made the newly decorated Mohawk Band trailer a reality, including superintendent Curtis Philpot, Madison Locals Schools, Bobby Reed, the Madison Music Boosters, Digital Visuals, and the businesses and organizations who helped the makeover become a reality:
Be sure to thank these community businesses for supporting the Mohawk Band!
Performance photos from Les Misérables are now available for purchase online. Taken by our technical director, Kevin Ferguson, there are over 500 photos to choose from. (The samples you see are just a very small selection, and have been reduced in size; when you order prints, they will be full quality and have no watermarks.)
To access the galleries, you will need the password printed on the back of the Les Mis tickets. The password is also posted backstage in the theater, or you can email Kevin to request it. Click here to view the galleries.
[mp_image_slider ids=”2787,2788,2789,2790,2791,2792,2793,2794,2795,2796″ animation=”slide”]
Here are just a few shots of recent rehearsals for Les Misérables, being performed this Friday & Saturday at 7:30 and Sunday at 2:30.
Rehearsing at the Barricade
Ready for the battle: don’t mess with Jordan
Who will care for tiny Cosette?
Things aren’t going well.
Marius and his Aunt don’t see eye-to-eye.
Careful, guys – dead bodies can’t laugh.
Jean Valjean at a life-changing moment