Saturday Oct. 25 – 7:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 26 – 3:00 pm
All tickets $5
We’re almost there! Here is some information about this weekend. Make sure you have put up posters and are telling everyone about ticket sales! Remember you can buy tickets on this website, from Ms. Personke, and at the door.
-Friday: No rehearsal – go home and relax!
- Show starts at 7:00. Doors will open around 6:30
- Cast needs to be here at 5:00, Crew needs to be here at 6:00
- Afterwards, make sure your props and costumes are put away and then you may go home
- Show starts at 3:00. Doors will open around 2:30
- Cast needs to be here at 1:00, Crew needs to be at 2:00
- Afterwards we will have a mandatory strike and optional fun cast party for both cast and crew. Please see below for more info.
Strike and Cast Party
- Strike from about 4:00-5:00, Party from 5:00-6:00.
- Strike is a mandatory part of the musical process. We will be cleaning and preparing the theatre for the next show, which involves putting away props, costumes, lights, etc.
- The cast party is not mandatory, but is FUN! We are celebrating our hard work, and all cast and crew are invited!
- This is a potluck style event. Everyone will bring in something to contribute.
- I am looking for a couple families that can volunteer to bring in main dishes (example: lasagna, pizza, sandwiches, tacos). This does not have to be homemade, but can be! J
- Please email me if you can help with this: Katie.personke@Madisonmohawks.org
- Mrs. Sawyer is bringing delicious cake! Yum
- Light/Sound Tech and Wally: Drinks
- Backstage Crew: Chips
- 7th Grade Cast: Side Dishes
- 8th Grade Cast: Desserts (but not cake…)
- If you have food allergies and would like to bring in your own food, that is okay.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Photos from the band’s performance at the 2014 Buckeye Invitational are now online. These photos are all by Crockett Photography; you can order prints, downloads and merchandise from the website. (Note that this is not a fundraiser for the band.) Click here to view the photos.
The Sorg Opera Revitalization Group is working to restore the Sorg Theater, and they are having a street party on Saturday Oct. 25 with a zombie walk, scavenger hunt, live music, vendors and more. You can help in the effort to restore this classic theater by attending the event, or volunteering to help (and get free admission for the remainder of the day).
For more information about all the activities, or to register online for the scavenger hunt or buy tickets for the street party, check out Spiritsofsorg.org. To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/20.
Please click here for an updated JH calendar. Notice that this is updated for the remainder of the show, and all cast and crew dates have been added.
Calendar Updated 10:9
Also, don’t forget that t-shirt money, the $50 activity fee, and any Happy Ads are due next week.
Attention parents and musical fans! As a fundraiser for the Junior High Musical, we are selling “Happy Ads” that will appear in the show’s program. If you want to support your student actor with a heartfelt or humorous message, please fill out the attached form and return to Ms. Personke along with your $5 payment by Wednesday, October 15th.
Click here for the form: Happy Ads Form
We will be having afternoon work sessions for Sound and Light Crews for both the Jr. High and High School plays. Anyone in grades 7-12 who is interested in running the light and sound systems in the theater may attend. (If you haven’t attended any of the training sessions yet, we’ll train you at the work sessions.) Please remember that crew members have to pay the $50 Pay to Participate fee, just the same as the actors.
All of the work sessions listed here are for Jr. High and High School crews:
- Thursday Oct. 9, 2:45 – 4:00 pm: Light Crews only
- Tuesday Oct. 14, 2:45 – 4:00 pm: Lights and Sound Crews
- Thursday Oct. 16, 2:45 – 4:00 pm: Lights and Sound Crews
Proper footwear must be worn, covering your entire foot (no sandals or flip-flops). Be prepared to get a little dirty or dusty (you may want to bring a change of clothes). If you are working on lights and have a pair of work gloves at home, please bring those along.
If you are interested in being on either the Jr. High or High School tech crews, but cannot attend any of these work sessions, please let Mr. Brown know (room 206).
Monday, September 29th: Rehearsal – 6 pm – 8 pm
Tuesday, September 30th: Boys Soccer Game – 6:00 pm
Friday, October 3rd: Football @ Milton Union
Saturday, October 4th: Loveland Band Contest
Monday, October 6th: Rehearsal – 6 pm – 8 pm
Tuesday, October 7th: Girls Soccer Game – 6:00 pm
Friday, October 10th: Football vs. Carlisle
Sat., October 11th: Buckeye Invitational @ Ohio State
Monday, October 13th: Rehearsal – 6 pm-8 pm
Friday, October 17th: Football @ Dixie
Sat., October 18th – Marion Local Band Contest
Monday, October 20th: Rehearsal – 3 pm-5 pm
Friday, October 24th: Football vs. Waynesville
Saturday, October 25th: Anderson Band Contest
Monday, October 27th:Rehearsal – 3 pm-5 pm
Fri., October 31st: Football v/s Northridge (Senior Night)
Percussion Sectional – Wednesdays 1:45-3:30 pm
Guard Sectional – Wednesdays 3:00-5:00 pm
Here is the updated JH musical schedule. Notice that all Tuesday practices end at 5:30, and that there is no rehearsal on Thursday, October 2nd.
Click here for the schedule: Calendar Updated 9/29
Here are downloadable MP3 files of the songs in the Junior High musical.
To download the files so you can put them on your phone or MP3 player:
- Right-click on the name of the file (Mac or PC), or control-click on the name (Mac).
- On the menu that pops up, choose something like Save file or Download linked file (wording varies depending on which browser you’re using).
- Make sure you know where you’re saving your file on your hard drive, so you can find it later.
File names ending in “acc” are the musical accompaniment only; file names ending in “voc” include the music and the vocals. If you have any trouble downloading the files, contact Mr. Brown.
Click “Continue reading” to get to the files.